Me

Me
September 2011

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Adventures in Shopping

I love Christmas and I can't wait for it to get here. 

I wanted a pre-lit tree this year.  So I braved 10pm Thanksgiving night shopping to get one on sale. It was INSANE.  People were lined up in front of toys and electronics like it was snowing in Alabama and there was only 1 loaf of bread and 1 gallon of milk left.
(Note:  I've never Black Friday shopped before)

Luckily for me I didn't need any toys or electronics.  I wanted the tree and some sheets.  There might have been a couple of other things on my list but those were the 2 things I really wanted.  So I fought my way to stand by the trees so when they started the sale I'd be ready. 

When those people started opening up things it was..well insane is the only word that comes to mind.  I grabbed my tree and fought my way around to get to the sheets.  As I was approaching the area the sheets were suppose to be a man in front of me told someone that there was a fight over the sheets and a woman was bleeding.  OVER SHEETS!  Needless to say, I got the heck out of there with no sheets and only my tree.

Side bar:  Christmas is about celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  It's not very Christ-like to fight over sheets or anything else. Especially if you are going to give said item as a gift for the holiday that celebrates the birth of Christ.....
Just saying!

The next day I'm so excited to put up my new pre-lit tree that I fought the masses to procure at a discount. 

Ok I know we've all saw the Charlie Brown Christmas movie where he gets the tiny, pitiful tree as his tree.  Well picture that tree with some fake branches and that is what my hard won tree looked like.  It was not 5' tall, it was not full and lush.  It was pre-lit and that was about all that was right with it.  When my hubs saw it he said and I quote "That thing is horrible.  People will laugh at us".  Enough said.

So I took it down and the next day I pulled out my big, 6', un-pre-lit tree and no one will laugh when they see it. 

1 comment:

  1. See. You should have a pre-lit lime green five foot tree like me. LOL! I'll take a picture soon and share. :-)

    ReplyDelete